Saturday, February 9, 2008

Posers

I am going to forgo the Saturday Song Special since my last few posts have basically been filler or a S3. So today I will rant on, getting back to my original music blog idea, of people who say they like a band, but then when you ask them what their favorite song is they say the bands most popular song.


Now, people say I am posing when I say my favorite song from RUN DMC is "My Adidas". Now for a bit of background information. I am a scrawny white male with shoulder length hair. I look like I doesn't even know that Ice Cube was a rapper before he started making family movies. Everybody always calls me a poser when I say that, until I name other less known songs; such as "Peter Piper" or "Hard Times". Songs someone who isn't a fan would know, nowadays.

One such was the band AFI when "Miss Murder" was released on Guitar Hero 3 (see my rant about Guitar Hero). Before that, most didn't even know about them. Some didn't even know they were a punk, even though in my opinion some of their songs were kinda Emoey.

No comments: