Thursday, January 17, 2008

Guitar Hero

I really hate when people only know who Kansas is because the have 'Carry on My Wayward Son' on Guitar Hero II and that episode of South Park. Or when people don't like Poison because the songs they heard on Guitar Hero II: Rock the 80's were badly done covers. Now, I may not have been born in the 80's but I love 80's music. Their were almost no songs done by the actual bands. Hell, The Romantics even filed a lawsuit in late 07 claiming that their song 'What I like about you' was indistinguishable from the cover. They were even worried that people might think that was actually them. Out of the 30 songs only 5 were the actual song and not a cover. That means there was less that 16% original.

Recently I asked a friend 'What is your favorite Black Sabbath Song?' He responded with, and I quote "That one from Guitar Hero". Another separate occasion me and my friends were singing "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister. Not just the chorus but the whole song. Something nobody who just likes it because its on Guitar Hero can do. I was asked what version of Guitar Hero that was on.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the game. But when people who have only heard one song say they like it that pisses me off. Thats just like when people like "Hey Bebe", "Crank That.", "This is Why I'm Hot", and "Party Like a Rockstar" just because it has a dance (Crank That), or its so easy an idiot can sing it (Aye Bay Bay). Check back to see what other songs are"good" because people are idiots.

No comments: