Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Intro

This will be my blog about music. I mostly listen to Independent stuff, but most are unsigned. This is because whenever a good Indie band, or artist, comes out if they get a Indie Label they start to suck. I also listen to any sort of Grunge, should it be Pre or Post. Also in my play list is a lot of 60's-80's Rock. You just can't beat the classics.

One thing I hate about the classics though, when Rappers sample music. Now sure, alot of people sample besides rappers, but they always mess it up. Take Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby." Now, whenever I listen to "Under Pressure" until the singing starts, everyone always thinks I am listening to that hack who calls himself a rapper. Another "Rapper" who smapled music was Kevin Federline. He sample the iconic 1982 classic "She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby. Now, don't get me wrong, I have never even heard the specific song by Federline; nor do I ever wish to, but I can assure you: It deals with 'Killin' some punk' when he has probably never even held a gun.

Sorry for the rant, and you had probably already heard someone make the same complaint. In the furture, I would like to state out, is that this blog will be about Musical Developments, and not me ranting about music...I hope.

No comments: